Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Cubs, What's Next?

So I know the first thing you guys are thinking is that I am retarded and there are plenty of teams that start with a "B" and I screwed up. Well I have decided that I am going to go through the National League alphabetically, then go to the American League. Today, we are discussing the team called the Cubs.

When's the last time anyone saw them win the World Series? Trick question because no one alive today was alive when the Cubs won the World Series. They have been on the longest dry streak ever! It's crazy how bad they have been doing. I don't want to be mean but come on, they need to figure something out.

It you haven't figured it out yet, I am not counting on the Cubs winning the World Series but surprisingly I think they will do better than last year. The Cubs this offseason have acquired LHP Jon Lester who is potentially a very good pitcher. However, I don't think this one player will change the outcome of the Cubs season. They will not win their division!


Jon Lester signs deal with the cubs! Thanks EyeWitness News!

The As previously had Jon Lester! Courtesy of Ballerstatus for the pic!

Im not saying they are completely terrible at this time. I mean they could be good next season but not good enough. It takes time, and if it were me managing the Cubs, not only would I feel bad about myself, I would completely start a new team up because obviously something isn't working for them.

I could be optimistic about this one but I'm not going to be. Lester will help them win more games for sure but one guy can't change a whole ball club. Maybe in a couple of years this team will do something special and end up winning. But for now, sorry Cub fans another year of disappointment.

On a side note, if anyone has any questions or wants me to address something in my blogpost just leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog title is the best pun. Honestly yes. Okay, imma leave now.

    ReplyDelete