Monday, May 4, 2015

The All New Astros

While everyone thinks that the Astros suck, the Astros are actually proving that they aren't that bad after all. Lately, everything has been picking up for them and every component of their game is very strong. They just snapped a 10 game winning streak. Can you believe that? The Astros actually won more than one game in a row! I know I give them a lot of crap but I have to give it to them, they are on fire.

First off, we have their offense. They are leading the American League in home runs. Everyone in the Astros lineup is capable of causing harm while up to bat. From the leadoff hitter to the number 12 hitter, each and every player can hit a home run and they have proved it. Not only that, with Jose Altuve leading the way, they are also getting tons of multiple base hits. It's insane how well the offense is doing. However, on the flip side of this, at any time the Astros can go dry from home runs and start losing again. Yes, they are destroying the ball right now, but that can change in less than a game!

Jose Altuve is Red Hot Right Now! Courtesy of CBS Sports for this Image
Next there is the pitching of the Astros. I'm not even talking about the overall defense I'm just going to talk about pitching right now. Their rotation is pretty strong with Dallas Keuchel and Collin McHugh. With this dynamic duo, they haven't lost a single game. The Astros defense hasn't had to do much yet because of the great pitching. The ERA of these two all star pitchers is insanely low. If you look outside of the pitching, their defense is also very strong right now. Of course Jose Altuve is leading them but they also have Springer, Carter, and Rasmus who all show off their gloves in the field. 
Keuchel Looks to Keep his Streak Going! Thanks MLB for this Pic!

I know that I predicted the Astros would suck again this year but I think that I have already been proved wrong. Even though it is way early in the season, you can tell the Astros have made some changes and it's really working. Don't mistake me for a bandwagon fan because I still don't like the Astros, but I can't deny a good team when I see one and the Astros are definitely a good team right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment