Monday, March 16, 2015

Going to the Cactus League

As everyone reading this probably knows, spring training is currently going on and MLB Opening Day is on it's way! No matter what team that you are going for, we can all agree that Opening Day needs to come faster. Spring training is in full spring and we've seen a little bit of everything.

This year there has been a lot of Tommy Johns surgery. This is pretty sad to see such great pitchers have to go through something like that. However, there are plenty of positive things going on. This season there is a lot to look forward. Of course it is pretty early to know exactly what will go down. Spring training has been so fun to watch this season. The Angels (the best team in the MLB) have been doing well along with many other teams!

Tommy John Surgery :(  Thanks Bleacher Report for this!
The Angels in the post season haven't been doing too amazing but have been doing well which I am pretty stoked about. Of course their star players are still doing well, there have been some people peeking in and looking good! One team though, that has been outstanding in spring training is the Athletics. Last year, the Athletics put up a good fight throughout the whole season but ended up falling short. Will this be their season?

You know I can't say for sure but I think they have a good shot. As heart breaking that is for me as an Angels fan, the Athletics have a very impressive ball club. However, that is just in the American League. In the National league there is the Dodgers, who did pretty well last year. Not too surprisingly, they are continuing to do well. I don't know what it is about the Dodgers, but man their games are always fun to watch.

Thanks Daily Republic for this nice quality pic!

Some teams that I would have you pay close attention to is the Diamondbacks and the Astros. These two teams haven't done too well recently but man their records are looking pretty promising. The Diamondbacks currently are 14-10 giving them the title of second in the national league. The Astros who many think are terrible (myself included) have a nice record of 10-8 placing them in sixth in the American League. I know that isn't great, but I think these two teams will go a lot farther than last year.

Thanks MLB for this clean Logo!
I know that there are a lot of games to be played but in my opinion this is going to be one fun season. I am so stoked to watch regular season games. I'm slowly getting back into the baseball swing and I'm ready to invest some hours in watching some games! During the season I am thinking about adding highlights and doing my own highlight reels so you guys are always caught up with all the fun stuff that is going on! Until next time fellow bloggers!


No comments:

Post a Comment