Friday, March 27, 2015

San Francisco Giants Pride

Thank you Joey for asking about the Giants. I honestly was having trouble thinking about which team I should analyze. For me, this is pretty easy. The Giants as everyone knows, have had some great past history. The giants have won plenty of World Series including the most recent 2014 World Series vs the Royals. I'm not going to talk about that because I am still pissed that the Royals lost. Not only should the Royals have won, but they were such a great underdog team.

Giants win the 2014 World Series. Image courtesy of SF Fun Cheap

Anyways, there is a lot I could say about the Giants, one of which is that they are doing terrible right now in Spring Training. Right now their record is 6-19 placing last in the National League. I don't know what I have to say about this. It is shocking to see a team go from the top dog to a terrible team in such a quick amount of time. I do hesitate calling them a terrible team because don't get me wrong, they have had tremendous success. So what has happened between the 2014 World Series Championship and now? Well that is debatable.

The Giants have been active in trading ever since they became champions. One of the trades that they made was Pablo Sandoval. Now many people believe that Sandoval was the face of the Giants. The panda as many people liked to call him. Sadly, he has moved on to the Red Sox. Of all the teams in the world, the Red Sox. They didn't even need him! Anyways as you can see, this has made a major impact of the Giants causing their record to be disgusting. Of course their are other factors that come to play but man this was a big decision.

The Panda in a Sox Uniform. Thanks Chowder and Champions for this Pic


I honestly have no idea what the coachers and managers were thinking to sell the iconic panda. He came in clutch a lot of times. He didn't deserve to go. Honestly and sadly enough, I think that the Giants will do terrible this year and spring training has just proved my point. Who knows maybe they will get their crap together, but for now, so long Giants see you in 2016!

Not Looking good for the Giants! Courtesy of Sfgate for this nice pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment