Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Underdogs

As I play baseball daily and love the sport, I also watch every game that I can. I like to keep track of how teams are doing and if it is significant. Growing up in Southern California I was born an Angels fan. Thinking this would be a great season for them, the Kansas City Royals showed me other wise.

Recently, the Kansas City Royals won their spot in the playoffs and had to pass the Angels in their first series. I was very happy because I thought it was a for sure win for my team. However, I was proven vey wrong. The Royals went on to winning the series 3-0 shutting the Angels out from any win. HOW was this possible? The Royals are one of the underdog teams that no one thought would ever make it this far. The last time they even qualified for the playoffs was in 1985! This is why I love sports. Anytime a team that isn't recognized as a contender can show up and amaze.

The Royals don't have much power in their lineup but their speed is incredible. On normal singles, they are stretching their hits out to doubles. Everyone in their lineup is a threat to steal. They are one of the more fun teams to watch play baseball because they keep the game going fast pace. The Kansas City Royals are showing everyone that they can contend for a World Series title.

The next team they will have to face to make it to the World Series is the Orioles. Two teams in the ALDS that aren't seen there ever! It is going to be a great matchup. I strongly recommend that if you can you tune into this baseball game, you should. Both teams are considered underdogs because it has been many years since either teams have won anything major. Try to make it family time. Whatever you need to do to watch this game; it'll be worth it. The Royals vs. Orioles will be one of the most exciting, memorable games out there.

The Kansas City Royals Lead Baseball with 153 Team Stolen Bases Image courtesy to Espn

The Royals are Making A Run For Their Best Postseason Appearance
Thanks to Royals Baseball for the Awesome Image!

No comments:

Post a Comment