Thursday, October 23, 2014

World Series - What is Happening?

Last night the Royals won Game 2 of the World Series 7-2. My predictions were correct unlike last time but to tell the truth I was shocked. I wanted the Royals to win Game two but another blowout.....
This leaves me to think (as it probably does you too) who will win Game three? I am speechless. I thought it would be a close game but nope, another blowout. I will admit it was not too bad to watch because my team was winning. Apology to all the Giants fans out there who had a heartbreaking loss last night.
                                                       
First, I think that the Giants pitcher Jake Peavy had some struggles on the mound yesterday. He didn't look as confident or as well off. The Royals were able to pound him all day long for base hits, ending up in a disaster. The problem with that is that Peavy had to leave early and it was up to the pull pen to save the game. For me, whenever a pitcher leaves early and the game is running on bull pen pitchers, I'm thinking "oh crap!". It seems to never end well. Bull pens were meant to relieve games not pitch a WHOLE game!
                                                 
Courtesy to Getty Images for the Pic
The Royals just had things going for them last night. Arguable the ace of the San Francisco Giants had a rough start and they were able to capitalize on the mistake he made. On the other hand, the Royals had great pitching thanks to their starter Yordano Ventura who was unbelievable good against a very offensive Giants team. I love to see rookies shine on the biggest stage they will ever be on. The game wasn't a struggle until the sixth inning when the Royals scored five runes!
                                     
Courtesy of CBS Sports
You heard me... five runs in one inning! That's not the craziest part. It amazed me that the Giants used five pitchers in that same inning. The bull pen couldn't get it done. I'm telling you that bull pens can't handle these situations in 99% of the time. Seeing Lincecum going to the mound was surprising for me because he hasn't been feeling well lately. Wanting the Royals to win, seeing Lincecum hurt was kind of a nice thing to see.

My predictions for game three is that the Royals will win in a very close match up. Both the Royals and the Giants have blown each other out of the water and now it's time to buckle down. Both teams have had their up and downs and I am very excited for this next game to see how it ends up. What do you guys all expect? I think good things will happen and it will be a very good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment