Tuesday, October 21, 2014

World Series Game 1

I am back! Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I was in the mountains deer hunting and didn't have any internet service to post another blog. While I was gone, there has been a lot happening in baseball. For starters, I finally get to start watching the World Series! The Royals are taking on the San Francisco Giants. Both of these teams are very competitive and I can't wait to find out who will win.
Image courtesy of MLB
I personally am rooting for the Kansas City Royals team because I like to root for the underdogs and the Giants have won a lot. When's the last time you've seen the Royals in the World Series? Exactly, you never do. Anyways, the Giants and Royals are two very different teams that play very differently.

The Royals as I have talked about earlier are about speed and small ball. They are not the team that will have the most home runs or the most extra base hits. Instead, they are the team I love to watch because they keep the game going at a fast pace and they know how to win games without big hits. The Royals are so contrast to the Giants that it makes me so excited for the 2014 World Series.

On the other hand there is the Giants. The Giants have a huge postseason career. In the past five years they have been to three world series. They have lots of power hitters including Pablo Sandoval and Morse. These two guys aren't even the start of the Giants lineup. I think that the Giants have a winning team but will have to compete hard to win this one. They have an all star bull pen with Bumgarner leading the way. He is one of my favorites to watch!


Pablo Sandoval Leads the Giants Bats. Thanks Yahoo Sports for the Pic!

I predict that the Royals will win the 2014 World Series title because I believe they have the drive, motivation, and most importantly the team to win it. For the Giants, they are a good team but I think they won't win this one. There's only one thing that we can all do to know. WATCH the games! The first game is today and you won't want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment